April 22, 2020

5.5 weeks into recovery. Unbelievable.
I was supposed to have double mastectomy today. In New Orleans.
It most definitely would not have happened.
Let’s be honest, like I could have predicted a pandemic 8 months ago when I scheduled it.

For over a year, I researched and prayed til I was crazy, trying to find answers to my heavy burden. Last October, I chose April 22, 2020 as my preventative surgery date, knowing I could back out if it didn’t feel right.
But a lot of things felt so right and peaceful.
I kind of loved that it fell on Earth Day too, lol.
But I told Heavenly Father that if this wasn’t in His plans for me, please let me know! This had been my prayer for so long, to please help me find the courage and bravery to do what I felt good about doing, even though it was a painful choice. But to also drive the ship and reroute me if it wasn’t right.

And here I am, almost 6 weeks into my recovery. Eating a delicious dinner and homemade Reece’s Cheesecake made by a dear friend who remembered this day...the day that my surgery would have never happened.

When I remember this miracle, I remember how much God loves His children and cares. He really does. My family has been blessed so much.

And another blessing in disguise is this: although it’s been scary for my husband to be out of work due to covid-19, he has been by my side this whole recovery.
Every up and every down.
Rolling with the punches and keeping us all happy, safe and sane.
We have laughed, cried and made incredible memories through our own curve...a big learning curve. Yes, it’s been scary that he hasn’t been able to work, but I can’t believe how it worked out so well to have his help and love while he is not able to work anyway. My kids have loved it. So have I.
With all that God has carried us through, we know He will be in the every detail of our lives continually and undeniably as He has been doing. Things just work out.

Let’s throw in one more awesome story just for fun.
In January, I made the decision to pull my oldest boy Jens out of school.
I had thought about it for months, as he struggled with anxiety and several vision problems making school work extremely difficult.
The school told me I was crazy.
I even wondered if I was a little crazy.
I’d never ever imagined homeschooling. I doubted myself a ton.
But every time I prayed about it, I felt peace amidst uncertainty...a feeling that’s very familiar to me by now.
Every time I questioned it, the feelings came stronger to just leap and do it!
I met several people who homeschooled and filled me in on how to make it possible.
My momma heart knew that even though I didn’t have it all figured out, it felt right!
Now fast forward several months when the whole country is homeschooling. What?!
Couldn’t have seen that one coming either.
Thankfully, figuring out homeschool in March after a major surgery wasn’t another thing my family had to adjust to. We already had curriculum. We already had a groove.
It was just nice to keep going and feel so good about that choice we made in January. Blind faith is a real thing. It’s hard. But also amazing.

So many miracles. So many blessings. So much peace.

We planted our first garden today, on Earth Day- as a way to remember all of God’s miracles and gifts He freely gives.

And then it rained. Of course it did...










Comments

Popular Posts